Sunday, July 20, 2008

Fuquay-Varina, North Carolina


Where do I start. The kids and I went to see Suzie in Fuquay-Varina. It was so fun. We spent the entire weekend just having fun with her family. Luke and I arrived late on Wednesday night. Meg was already there. Suzie and all the kids came to pick us up at the airport. Meg was sure glad to see us. On Thursday morning we all went to see the free kids movie at the theatre. Every Thursday during the summer they play family movies and you can go for free. They sell a childrens popcorn and drink for $1 each. We got to see Water Horse. All the kids liked it. I rained while we were there and Luke and Liam took full advantage of the weather to enjoy the trampoline. This just proves that it doesn't matter what the weather is like to have fun.

Friday was Suzie's Birthday. She turned 32 today. Abby, Megan and I baked a cake. We put all 32 candles on it for her. She got all but one. I also helped Zac put in a small garden. It was so late in the season we put in tomato's, cucumber's and pepper's. Of course it started to rain while we were working on it, but we kept right on working until it was done. The kids jumped on the trampoline while we worked outside. They thought it was a blast. We also got her a cloth's line but because of the rain didn't get it in. There was no way we were going to be digging a hole and pouring cement with it like it was.


Zac and I are very proud of the little garden. It was a lot of work. The ground there is pure sand and almost impossible to dig in. It hasn't been touched since they moved in and I swear was hard as a rock. Even the tiller barely made a dent in it.




We then went hiking on Saturday. We went to this place called Raven's Rock. It was a 2.6 mile trail that the kids and adults enjoyed. The entire trail is shaded by the trees so even when it is hot it isn't that bad. This place had so much to see. The trail started out at a very easy pace and we
walked over t0 a overlook. It was so pretty. You could see along the Cape Fear River. It is pretty big. It is so green here. We loved it. This area is so different then the brown back home. We saw so much on the hike. We saw several different kinds of mushrooms. Some of them were huge. The kids never got tired of spotting them along the trail. When we reached Raven Rock you had to climb down a bunch of stairs to get the bottom. Here along the river we found bugs galore! The kids spent a long time just looking around to see what they could find.


We found these tiny frogs. All the kids took turns trying to catch them and show them to the camera. The boys really liked this.
We also saw a walking stick. I don't know if that is what you really call them, but it was cool. It is really hard to see but Zac has one on his arm. It looks just like a stick. Megan really liked this bug. After our hike was done we went back home where it started to rain again. So later we went to our favorite place for Ice Cream. Sunny Skies. I of course had a cake batter shake, Lucas opted for Watermellon and Meg had Cotton Candy. What a great trip we had and we wouldn't have missed it for the world! We love you Ellett Family and can't wait for our next visit!







2 comments:

Suzie said...

Just for the record I turned 29!!!!

We had lots of fun too,thanks for visiting1

Kristin Kimber said...

I am so glad you guys had a great time in North Carolina. It sounds like all the kids had a blast. A weekend without your husband sounds priceless!! :)