For my days off I volunteers to go on the kids field trips. I was very lucky they happened when I was off work. Tuesday I went with Meg's class to This is the Place Heritage Park. This place has sure changed since I was last there. I am always amazed at what the pioneers went through. I know I would never have been able to endure the hardships they went through.
The kids got to go into a class room. The lady teaches them as if they are actually in school. I can tell you this our kids never would have survived school then. I am pretty sure I wouldn't have. Here Meg is introducing herself to the teacher. They also went to The Pack House. Here they were taught a dance. The kids thought this was very funny.
The kids got to pull handcarts. These carts weighted 110 lbs. It was very entertaining to watch the kids. I am so glad for technology. Now I get to get into my gas powered car and be where I want with no effort. Let's hope the gas stays low.
On Wednesday I went with Luke's class to Hogle Zoo. It was very fun. One of the Zoo keepers met us at the gate with a snake. They let all the kids touch it. I was very glad to just take pictures.
Here we are at the Asian Highlands. The zoo has made a lot of improvements which are very nice. The kids loved seeing the tiger. He was right down at the glass pacing so we got a very up close and personal view of him.
Besides all of the many fun animals we made our stop at the ape's. Of course no trip to the zoo is complete without measuring yourself against the ape's. I think Luke has a ways to go.



2 comments:
I love the gorilla measure picture. I know I always loved to do that.
I love the gorilla measure picture. I know I always loved to do that.
Post a Comment