Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Number 7: Mele Kalikimaka

We just couldn't stand the cold so we decide to spend a couple days in Hawaii. We went over to Oahu. We went over to Kailua. We love the beach over. It is never crowded. The kids love the beach. They thought they were in heaven. It was a windy day but they didn't care. I didn't care because it was 78 degrees.



That night we went 3D miniture golfing. It was pretty fun. Everything was in bright colors so that it was crazy. At first the kids would wear the glasses but later Lucas loved them. He want to look at everything instead of play the game.



On our last day we went up to the North Shore. We stopped at the Dole Plantation to pick up some pineapple. There we saw them cut a pineapple and they tell you what to do so you can grow your own. Maybe we will try.


We stopped at Haleiwa for the world famous snow cones. The line wasn't bad when we got there but when we were done it was out the door. The kids each had bubble gum flavored. Nick had Pina Colada and I had Strawberry Cream.



Nick and I tried the ultimate snow cone with beans and ice cream in the bottom. They put red Japanese Beans and vanilla ice cream in the bottom. It doesn't taste bad but it doesn't taste good either. I have decided I can do without the beans. I have figured the cream flavors are the best.




Our last day we spent at the North Shore. This is the calmest we have ever seen it. We were very suprised how small the waves were. The kids did not want to leave. Who would want to leave 80 degrees and go back to 30 degrees.



2 comments:

Kristin and Brandon Park said...

ok.... yup, I am jealous!!!! Even though I have been to those same places several times, you can never get sick of the beach and warm weather. I am trying to convince Brandon of a Hawaiian honeymoon. :)

Suzie said...

Hawaii in December how can you go wrong!! Next time I would like to see a picture of you and Nick running on the beach holding hands that would be really great.