Monday, November 3, 2008

Halloween Week!


Halloween week was crazy for the Jedi Knight aka Lucas Longmore and Lava Girl aka Megan Longmore.

We started out with Skate Night at Classic Skating. It was pretty fun. Richard brought his kids along. So we had a pirate (Carter) and Sleeping Beauty (Emily). We also had one of Lukes friends Braeden. We did the Hokey Pokey, Skate Slide and Lucas even won the costume contest and picked a money eraser for his prize. We ended the night with a blackout. Which about 10 minutes before had Lucas, Braeden and Emily crying because they were so scared. Despite all my reassuring they wouldn't believe that nothing scary was going to happen until the lights actually went out.They then looked at each other in total shock that we were still alive when
all was done. It was very funny.

We then carved pumpkins on thursday. This is one of their favorite parts. They drew a picture of what they wanted the faces to look like when they were done. Lucky for me I got to help on the cleaning while Nick got to help with carving. This year we used lights instead of candles for the inside. Much to our delight they changed colors between red, blue and green. The red made them look very scarry!



We then moved on to the Halloween parade at school. The kids couldn't wait and my parents came to watch. Meg was one of the first classed and Lucas was the last. So I got to see the whole
parade.






Mom and I helped in the class parties. Meg's because they could get anyone to help and Lukes because I am the room mother. Meg's class did cookie decorating, eating donuts off a string, coloring with their toes and a relay race.
I do have to say the kids had a blast. I then moved
on to Luke's class while mom finished in Meg's and the first grade was crazy. We also decorated cookies, but we played Halloween Bingo, Musical Monsters and Halloween Coloring pages from Nicks website readingwithkids.com. The parties would never had been a success without my mom's help in the class and dad running to get things at the last minute.





We then moved on to the main event. Trick or Treating. The kids couldn't wait to get candy in their buckets. We went over and Lori made dinner for all of us before we hit the road. She made homemade soup bowls and potato soup which was very good. We then took the kids out and around the block for some candy. By the time we got done their buckets were full and so heavy I was carrying them. I even had to put some of their candy in my pocket to keep them from spilling. Need I say cavities!

2 comments:

Suzie said...

I love Lava Girl, and I can't believe that Luke won first prize.

Suzie said...

I rally wish I had been there for the BLACKOUT, it sounds so funny. We really need to start carrying our video cameras around.....Oh wait I don't have one I think Dad left it on the soccer field.